Alkaline phosphatase (orthophosphoric monoester phosphohydrolase [E.C. 18.104.22.168]) is a widely used reagent in biochemistry, molecular biology and immunodiagnostics. The enzyme has a broad specificity for phosphate esters of alcohols, amines, pyrophosphate, and phenols. It is routinely used to dephosphorylate proteins (e.g. casein) as well as nucleic acids. Alkaline phosphatase has also been shown to have anti-inflammatory effects and can reduce the severity of septic shock by detoxifying lipid A.
Mimetic Blue® AP Agarose 6XL affinity chromatography adsorbent has a specifically designed Mimetic Ligand™ with a phosphonate group for the purification of alkaline phosphatase.
Key features include:
- High Specificity for alkaline phosphatase
- High dynamic binding capacity
- Excellent flow properties
- Robust, long-life adsorbent
- Sanitizable with NaOH allowing multiple cycles
- High purity, chemically defined ligand structures
- Highly reproducible batch-to-batch manufacture to ISO9001 standards
- Supported with comprehensive Regulatory Support Files